We recognise that as well as supporting the vital outreach work of the Breast Cancer Foundation of Egypt (BCFE), we are now able to support causes a little closer to home here in the UK. We are delighted to be able to support local causes and charities who provide support services for cancer and specifically breast cancer sufferers. As a charity we are now able to consider requests for donations (up to £1,000) to UK organisations who will use it to continue to provide established wellbeing, aftercare and support services for those who need it.
This can include, for example:
- breast cancer care, support & well-being charities
- belly-dance organisations that have been created to support and improve the wellbeing of members of their community that are cancer sufferers
- hospitals and or hospices with a charitable trust that provide the above criteria
- An organisation that supports the community directly, or indirectly
As we don’t have an infinite pot of money to help (we wish we did!), we do have an exclusion list so the following organisations are deemed to be ineligible for consideration for a charitable donation from Just Because:
- National charities, including local branches of national charities
- Organisations or appeals that benefit a single individual
- Organisations/charities that support medical research or pharmaceutical companies
- Sponsorship of individuals or groups
- Advertising and marketing appeals
- Organisations that solely redistribute funding or provide grants to other organisations and/or individuals
- Expeditions or overseas travel
- Political lobbying or campaigning organisations
The charity is proposing to have two open calls each year ( May and October) for nominations and the calls will be announced here and through social media. The calls will include information about the deadlines and all submissions must be received by the deadlines specified in order to be considered. Please consider the deadlines when completing your application especially regarding any proposed activities or events that the funding could support.
For more information, please download the nomination form and the accompanying notes or contact us directly where we would be happy to talk to you.